** RECENT NEWS AND PRESS**
**Dust off your hats! Our 15th annual Derby Luncheon is coming May 2, 2015. Read about it here.
**PRESS RELEASE 03/23/15 AARDA Releases Results of Fatigue Survey at National Summit
- Read it here EMBARGOED+PressReleaseFatigueSurvey
**AARDA and the NCAPG held two important events for Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month:
- The State of Autoimmune Disease: a National Summit on March 23, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The summit explored the current trends in diagnosis, treatment and therapies presented by experts in research, environment, advocacy and patient issues.
- Congressional Briefing on Specialty Medicines: Access and Safety on March 24, 2015 from 9:00-11:00 at the Cannon House Office Building, Room 122. Experts discussed top autoimmune issues including access to specialty medicines and biologics/biosimilars.
**PRESS RELEASE 03/06/15 –AARDA Statement on FDA’s Approval of First U.S. Biosimilar Drug
- Read it here: Press Release 03/06/15
**PRESS RELEASE 02/11/15 –AARDA Releases White Paper to Educate Patients
- Read the press release: BiosimilarsWhitePaperPressRelease
- Download the paper: Biologics-Biosimilars-BookletFINAL
**How does fatigue affect you? Late last year, AARDA asked a question on our FB page, “How has fatigue affected your daily life?”
We received an overwhelming response from our followers. As a result, AARDA o conducted a survey of autoimmune disease patients to further explore the link between autoimmune diseases and fatigue.We again were overwhelmed with responses! Look for the results to be announced at our Autoimmune SuUmmit in DC on March 23, 2015. Thanks for your involvement.
**What’s Going On? What’s New? Sign up for Email Updates!
Please click on the pink box on the left side of this page and share your email address with us. Please be assured that we will always keep your email private. We will never share your email with anyone!
Please think of us! 50 Million Americans have an autoimmune disease. If every one of the 50 million would donate just $1, we would have the means to fundamentally change the landscape of autoimmune disease knowledge and understanding. Please consider donating. It’s also a thoughtful way to send a memorial, tribute or holiday gift. Let’s change the autoimmune world now. DONATE
**Confused about the Health Care Marketplace? It can be difficult to guess how much you will pay for health care. The National Health Council has launched a redesigned and updated website, PuttingPatientsFirst.net which provides resources to help people make informed decisions about purchasing health care. This is the only free, web-based calculator that we know that that allows people to enter their unique health information and see how their health care costs will vary depending on the different metal plans sold in their state.
**ATTENTION TEACHERS !!! AARDA has launched a FREE autoimmune curriculum for grades 3-8 that align with the Common Core Standards. It features the video which was shown to kids, parents and teachers at the 3rd Science & Engineering Festival in DC in April.
**Attention Walkers! Join us to raise awareness about autoimmune diseases! Watch our Autoimmune Walk page for the 2015 dates and locations or to set up your own “Virtual Walk”.
**A News Briefing, presented by the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) was held Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at the Press Club in DC, in honor of March which was National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month. The topic was the “Status of Autoimmune Disease in the Age of the Affordable Care Act.
**Ready to learn? Check out our Patient Education Courses
**AARDA Launches “3-Second Adherence” Public Service Campaign — Offers Patients New, Free Tool to Aid in Treatment Decision-Making, Provides Doctors and Patients New Strategies for Improving Communication
- Read the Press Release
- New patient brochure: Weighing the Risk, Understanding the Benefits download
- Watch the videos on youtube
**AARDA Launches “My Autoimmune Story” Video Series Emmy-nominated Actress Kellie Martin Shares Her Story, Calls on Others to Share Theirs, Too
- Watch Kellie’s Video
- Read the press release
- Do you know your Family’s AQ? How likely you or a loved one is to develop an autoimmune disease? Do you need diagnostic tips? Download article here