***Heads Up! More PUBLIC FORUMS have been scheduled!
- Mid Michigan (Midland) on Saturday, September 27, 2014 at the Towsley Auditorium at Mid Michigan Medical Center. Speakers include Dr Noel Rose, head of the Autoimmune Disease Research Center at Johns Hopkins University and Dr David Fox, Chief of Rheumatology at University of Michigan, Click here for more information
- Seattle, WA on Saturday, October 11, 2014
- Boston, MA on Saturday, November 15, 2014
***ATTENTION TEACHERS !!! AARDA has launched a FREE autoimmune curriculum for grades 3-8 that align with the Common Core Standards. It features the video which was shown to kids, parents and teachers at the 3rd Science & Engineering Festival in DC in April.
**ATTN WALKERS!! Join us to raise awareness about autoimmune diseases! Walks are on the way in the following areas:
- Manhattan, NY on Sunday September 7, 2014
- St Louis, MO on Saturday September 27, 2014
- Chicago Area on Saturday October 25, 2014
Visit our Autoimmune Walk page for more details and to sign up. Too far? Consider planning your own or set up a “Virtual Walk”.
**We’re collecting data on how the Affordable Care Act has impacted autoimmune disease patients and their families. Please let us know! Fill out this survey
**A News Briefing, presented by the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) was held Tuesday, March 18 at the Press Club in DC, in honor of March which was National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month. The topic was the “Status of Autoimmune Disease in the Age of the Affordable Care Act.
Please think of us! 50 Million Americans have an autoimmune disease. If every one of the 50 million would donate just $1, we would have the means to fundamentally change the landscape of autoimmune disease knowledge and understanding. Please consider donating. Let’s change the autoimmune world now. It is also a thoughtful way to send a memorial or a tribute to someone DONATE
**Ready to learn? Check out our Patient Education Courses
**AARDA receives coveted highest 4-star rating. We’re proud to say that we have earned our second consecutive 4-star rating from Charity Navigator. What does this mean? It means we are fiscally healthy and committed to accountability and transparency in all we do! Read the letter here.
**AARDA Launches “3-Second Adherence” Public Service Campaign — Offers Patients New, Free Tool to Aid in Treatment Decision-Making, Provides Doctors and Patients New Strategies for Improving Communication
- Read the Press Release
- New patient brochure: Weighing the Risk, Understanding the Benefits download
- Watch the videos on youtube
**AARDA Launches “My Autoimmune Story” Video Series Emmy-nominated Actress Kellie Martin Shares Her Story, Calls on Others to Share Theirs, Too
- Watch Kellie’s Video
- Read the press release
- Do you know your Family’s AQ? How likely you or a loved one is to develop an autoimmune disease? Do you need diagnostic tips? Download article here
**Doing some Spring/Summer shopping online? Support AARDA while you shop! Learn more
**Read about AARDA’s Grassroots Fundraising Team and about other Volunteer opportunities here