Your source for autoimmune related disease information.
Highlights Report Released
“New Trends in Autoimmunity for Patients, Researchers and the American Public” Highlights from “The State of Autoimmune Disease: A National Summit’ held on March 23, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. One of the features of the summit was the report on Autoimmune Disease and Fatigue: What’s the Connection? HighlightsFromSummitMarch2015
Fatigue Survey Results Released
AARDA Releases Results of Fatigue Survey at National Summit. Read the press release!
AARDA Store Now Open!
Show your AARDA support in style with our shirts, water bottles, and more! Get your AARDA gear today!
- Take a look at our newly published Annual Report
It’s CFC Time!
The Combined Federal Campaign is now open! This is a charitable giving program that is open to all government workers to give to charity through payroll deduction. Please consider selecting AARDA , #10548, for your charitable giving.
AARDA Cosponsors Briefing
AARDA proudly cosponsored the Biosimilars Briefing on Capitol Hill on July 13, 2015.
Linking Together for a Cure
**AARDA is pleased to announce that the famed artist, P. Buckley Moss, has created a wonderful print, Linking Together for a Cure. A percentage of the proceeds will benefit AARDA. Click here to read more.
Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month
AARDA and the NCAPG held two important events for Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month.
- The State of Autoimmune Disease: a National Summit on March 23, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The summit explored the current trends in autoimmune related diseases diagnosis, treatment and therapies presented by experts in research, environment, advocacy and patient issues.
- Congressional Briefing on Specialty Medicines: Access and Safety on March 24, 2015 from 9:00-11:00 at the Cannon House Office Building, Room 122. Experts discussed top autoimmune related disease issues including access to specialty medicines and biologics/biosimilars.
AARDA White Papers
AARDA Releases White Paper to Educate Patients.
- Read the press release: BiosimilarsWhitePaperPressRelease
- Download the paper: Biologics-Biosimilars-BookletFINAL
AARDA Updates in your Inbox
What’s Going On? What’s New? Sign up for Email Updates!
Please click on the pink box on the left side of this page and share your email address with us. Please be assured that we will always keep your email private. We will never share your email with anyone!
**Confused about the Health Care Marketplace? It can be difficult to guess how much you will pay for health care. The National Health Council has launched a redesigned and updated website, PuttingPatientsFirst.net which provides resources to help people make informed decisions about purchasing health care. This is the only free, web-based calculator that we know that that allows people to enter their unique health information and see how their health care costs will vary depending on the different metal plans sold in their state.
**ATTENTION TEACHERS !!! AARDA has launched a FREE autoimmune curriculum for grades 3-8 that align with the Common Core Standards. It features the video which was shown to kids, parents and teachers at the 3rd Science & Engineering Festival in DC in April.
NCAPG News Briefing
A News Briefing, presented by the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) was held Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at the Press Club in DC, in honor of March which was National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month. The topic was the “Status of Autoimmune Disease in the Age of the Affordable Care Act.
Autoimmune Related Disease Education
Ready to learn? Check out our Patient Education Courses
Public Service Campaign
AARDA Launches “3-Second Adherence” Public Service Campaign — Offers Patients New, Free Tool to Aid in Treatment Decision-Making, Provides Doctors and Patients New Strategies for Improving Communication
- Read the Press Release
- New patient brochure: Weighing the Risk, Understanding the Benefits download
- Watch the videos on youtube
AARDA Launches “My Autoimmune Story” Video Series Emmy-nominated Actress Kellie Martin Shares Her Story, Calls on Others to Share Theirs, Too
- Watch Kellie’s Video
- Read the press release
- Do you know your Family’s AQ? How likely you or a loved one is to develop an autoimmune disease? Do you need diagnostic tips? Download article here
Please think of us and DONATE TODAY!!! 50 Million Americans have an autoimmune related disease. If every one of the 50 million would donate just $1, we would have the means to fundamentally change the landscape of autoimmune disease knowledge and understanding. Please consider donating. It’s also a thoughtful way to send a memorial, tribute or holiday gift. Let’s change the autoimmune world now. DONATE