Your source for autoimmune related disease information.
**We need your input** We want to know of your experiences with Non-Medical-Switching – Has this happened to you? Read about it, watch the video and take the survey
AARDA Kicks Off Its 25th Anniversary With #25FOR25 Campaign During National Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month
AARDA officially kicks of National Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month by launching its yearlong 25th anniversary celebration with the #25for25 campaign. #25for25 invites individuals and organization the world over to recognize AARDA’s achievements on behalf of people with autoimmune disease and support its work going forward by donating $25.
Emmy -nominated actress Kellie Martin, along with Haley Ramm, have teamed up to lead the #25for25 campaign. Look at Haley Ramm’s youtube video here http://tinyurl.com/hdwtoec
Please consider making a secure donation here: #25for25
- Visit our #Autoimmune Heroes Page to read about our Heroes!
The Autoimmune Connection: Essential Information for Women on Diagnosis, Treatment and Getting on With Your Life — newly updated and available from AARDA here
In this newly-published revised edition (McGraw-Hill, 2016), women will learn how to sort out vague and seemingly unrelated early signs and symptoms and handle doctors who tell them it’s “all in their heads;” which diagnostic tests they may need and what the results can mean; how ADs and their treatments can affect them at different stages of life including during pregnancy and menopause; what new treatments and therapies are available, such as stem cell transplants and gene therapy, as well as those on the horizon; where to find the proper specialist; and how to navigate the health-care system in the age of the Affordable Care Act.
Highlights Report Released
“New Trends in Autoimmunity for Patients, Researchers and the American Public” Highlights from “The State of Autoimmune Disease: A National Summit’ held on March 23, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. One of the features of the summit was the report on Autoimmune Disease and Fatigue: What’s the Connection? HighlightsFromSummitMarch2015
Fatigue Survey Results Released
AARDA Releases Results of Fatigue Survey at National Summit. Read the press release!
AARDA Store Now Open!
Show your AARDA support in style with our shirts, water bottles, and more! Get your AARDA gear today!
AARDA Cosponsors Briefing
AARDA proudly cosponsored the Biosimilars Briefing on Capitol Hill on July 13, 2015.
Linking Together for a Cure
A percentage of the proceeds will benefit AARDA. Click here to read more.
Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month
AARDA and the NCAPG held two important events for Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month.
- The State of Autoimmune Disease: a National Summit on March 23, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The summit explored the current trends in autoimmune related diseases diagnosis, treatment and therapies presented by experts in research, environment, advocacy and patient issues.
- Congressional Briefing on Specialty Medicines: Access and Safety on March 24, 2015 from 9:00-11:00 at the Cannon House Office Building, Room 122. Experts discussed top autoimmune related disease issues including access to specialty medicines and biologics/biosimilars.
AARDA White Papers
AARDA Releases White Paper to Educate Patients.
- Read the press release: BiosimilarsWhitePaperPressRelease
- Download the paper: Biologics-Biosimilars-BookletFINAL
AARDA Updates in your Inbox
- What’s Going On? What’s New? Sign up for Email Updates! Please click on the pink box on the left side of this page and share your email address with us. Please be assured that we will always keep your email private. We will never share your email with anyone!
**Confused about the Health Care Marketplace? It can be difficult to guess how much you will pay for health care. The National Health Council has launched a redesigned and updated website, PuttingPatientsFirst.net which provides resources to help people make informed decisions about purchasing health care. This is the only free, web-based calculator that we know that that allows people to enter their unique health information and see how their health care costs will vary depending on the different metal plans sold in their state.
**ATTENTION TEACHERS !!! AARDA has launched a FREE autoimmune curriculum for grades 3-8 that align with the Common Core Standards. It features the video which was shown to kids, parents and teachers at the 3rd Science & Engineering Festival in DC in April.
NCAPG News Briefing
A News Briefing, presented by the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) was held Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at the Press Club in DC, in honor of March which was National Autoimmune Diseases Awareness Month. The topic was the “Status of Autoimmune Disease in the Age of the Affordable Care Act.
Autoimmune Related Disease Education
Ready to learn? Check out our Patient Education Courses
Public Service Campaign
AARDA Launches “3-Second Adherence” Public Service Campaign — Offers Patients New, Free Tool to Aid in Treatment Decision-Making, Provides Doctors and Patients New Strategies for Improving Communication
- Read the Press Release
- New patient brochure: Weighing the Risk, Understanding the Benefits download
- Watch the videos on youtube
AARDA Launches “My Autoimmune Story” Video Series Emmy-nominated Actress Kellie Martin Shares Her Story, Calls on Others to Share Theirs, Too
- Watch Kellie’s Video
- Read the press release
- Do you know your Family’s AQ? How likely you or a loved one is to develop an autoimmune disease? Do you need diagnostic tips? Download article here
Please think of us and DONATE TODAY!!! 50 Million Americans have an autoimmune related disease. If every one of the 50 million would donate just $1, we would have the means to fundamentally change the landscape of autoimmune disease knowledge and understanding. Please consider donating. It’s also a thoughtful way to send a memorial, tribute or holiday gift. Let’s change the autoimmune world now. DONATE